Banana cocoa muffins
We challenge you to find the secret ingredient... These muffins will convince kids and grownups who’ll become your friends at snack time.
- 1 can 14 oz (398 ml) Bonduelle mixed beans
- 2 1/2 c (625 ml) very ripe bananas, in chunks (about 3 large bananas)
- 1 c (250 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c (180 ml) whole wheat flour
- 1 c (250 ml) quick oats
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cocoa
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 2/3 c (160 ml) maple syrup or sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) ground flax seed, optional
- 1/2 c (125 ml) chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Prepare a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Using a food processor, process beans with bananas.
- Gradually add the eggs, oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Process until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients or pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix just until mixture is smooth.
- Pour into muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins bounce back after being pressed gently with fingertips.
- Unmould and let cool on a rack.
- Store at room temperature for one or two days, then in the fridge or freezer.
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Calories: 213
- Proteins: 6 g
- Lipids: 6 g
- Glucides: 35 g
- Fibers: 3 g
- Sodium: 10 mg