Barley and chickpea bowl with apples and maple
Immerse yourself in the fascinating world of meal bowls with our colorful barley bowl, ideal for lunch.
- 1 c (250 ml) pearl barley
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (2 ml) dry mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) French shallots, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 apple, chopped
- 4 c (1 litre) kale, chopped
- 2 cans 14 oz (398 ml) Bonduelle chick peas
- Cook barley in boiling salted water for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, syrup and mustard.
- Add shallots, chopped apple, kale and chickpeas.
- Drain the barley. To serve hot, don't rinse, otherwise, rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Divide the barley into 4 bowls and garnish with the kale, apple and chickpea salad. Enjoy.
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Calories: 364
- Proteins: 14 g
- Lipids: 8 g
- Glucides: 62 g
- Fibers: 12 g
- Sodium: 25 mg