Chickpea chowder with shrimp and chorizo
This is the perfect soup for those days when we need comfort. You will fall under its charm!
- 3/4 c (180 ml) pancetta, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 c (1.5 l) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 c (250 ml) vegetable, seafood or chicken stock
- 1 can 14 oz (398 ml) Bonduelle chick peas
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 2/3 lb (300 g) small shrimp, peeled
- 4 c (1 litre) fresh or frozen spinach
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) harissa
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) freshly chopped cilantro
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the chopped pancetta for 5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add the chopped potato, stock, chickpeas and cumin.
- Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp and spinach and continue cooking for about 3 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve soup as a meal garnished with sour cream, harissa and cilantro.
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Calories: 715
- Proteins: 35 g
- Lipids: 45 g
- Glucides: 48 g
- Fibers: 10 g
- Sodium: 485 mg