Coconut lemon pie
A delicious pie that combines lemon and coconut for all the sweet tooths out there. What could ask for more?
- 3/4 c (180 ml) unsweetened coconut, grated
- 1 c (250 ml) nuts of your choice (walnuts, almonds, pecans, etc.)
- 8 large fresh dates
- 1/2 c (125 ml) quick oats
- 1 can 14 oz (398 ml) Bonduelle chick peas
- ¼ c (60 ml) flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c (80 ml) honey
- 1/2 c (125 ml) coconut milk
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF (180 ºC).
- In a food processor, chop the dates with the nuts.
- Add coconut, oats and 1/4 cup (60 ml) of cold water.
- Process until dough is smooth.
- Cover bottom and sides of 8" (20 cm) springform pan with parchment paper.
- Press the date and nut dough to the bottom and sides of the mold (about 1" / 2.5 cm from the top).
- In the processor, finely process chickpeas with flour and transfer to a bowl.
- Incorporate eggs, honey, coconut milk, lemon zest and juice.
- Pour into crust and bake for 1 hour.
- Allow it to cool.
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Calories: 408
- Proteins: 9 g
- Lipids: 23 g
- Glucides: 46 g
- Fibers: 7 g
- Sodium: 24 mg