Mediterranean Legume Salad
30 mL (2 tbsp.) sunflower seeds
15 mL (1 tbsp.) hemp seeds
1 398 mL (14 oz.) can Bonduelle Mixed Legumes
80 mL (1/3 cup) sliced olives of your choice
22 mL (1 ½ tbsp.) capers
1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped
45 mL (3 tablespoons) balsamic vinegar
30 mL (2 tbsp.) olive oil
30 mL (2 tbsp.) fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
Freshly ground pepper
500 mL (2 cups) kale, coarsely chopped
500 mL (2 cups) spinach or mixed lettuce
1 small red bell pepper, diced
3-4 artichoke hearts, cut in 4
125 mL (1/2 cup) diced feta cheese
2 small tomatoes, cut into quarters
- In a small skillet, over medium heat, heat sunflower seeds with hemp seeds for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- In a bowl, combine legumes with olives, capers, garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and parsley. Season generously with pepper.
- Divide kale and spinach among 3 bowls.
- Divide ingredients on top in sections: seasoned legumes, red peppers, artichoke hearts, diced feta and tomatoes.
- Garnish with the roasted sunflower and hemp seed mixture and enjoy.