Noodles with vegetables and black beans
Make a change from your usual pasta recipes and travel to Asia by giving into this very flavourful noodle recipe!
- 1/2 lb (225 g) rice vermicelli
- 2 tsp (10 ml) canola oil
- 4 c (1 litre) mixed vegetables of choice (bok choy, cauliflower, mushrooms, etc.)
- OR 1 bag Arctic Gardens vegetables for Thai style stir-fry
- 1/3 c (80 ml) Asian black bean garlic sauce
- 1/2 c (250 ml) orange juice
- 1 can 14 oz (398 ml) Bonduelle red kidney beans
- Prepare noodles according to package directions, either by soaking in boiling water or cooking in a pot of boiling water.
- In the meantime, in a wok or a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté garlic and ginger for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Return wok to medium-high heat and add sauce and orange juice. Bring to a boil.
- Add the beans to the sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add drained noodles, stir to coat with sauce and cook for 2 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Add the stir-fried vegetables and serve.
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Calories: 350
- Proteins: 10 g
- Lipids: 12 g
- Glucides: 53 g
- Fibers: 9 g
- Sodium: 216 mg