Orzo salad with black beans, tuna, capers, tomatoes and basil marinated legumes
Here is a colorful recipe to eat with the eyes! Ideal to take on the go or to serve as an side dish.
- 2/3 c (160 ml) orzo
- 1 can 14 oz (398 ml) Bonduelle black beans
- 1/4 c (60ml) pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp (30ml) canola oil
- 1 tbsp (15ml) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2ml) Cajun spices
- 1 can 6 oz (184 ml) tuna, drained
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) capers
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 c (250 ml) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 c (250 ml) hearts of palm, sliced in rounds
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh basil, chopped
- 1 to 2 c (250 to 500 ml) mixed lettuce (mesclun)
- Cook orzo according to package directions, drain and cool under cold water.
- In a bowl, combine the black beans with pineapple juice, vinegar and spices.
- In another bowl, mix the tuna with capers and season with pepper to taste.
- In another bowl, toss tomatoes with hearts of palm and basil.
- In 4 big mason jars, divide the orzo, followed by the beans, tuna, tomato mixture and finish with the lettuce.
- Keep in the fridge for lunches.
- Enjoy in the jar or upside down on a plate.
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Calories: 244
- Proteins: 21 g
- Lipids: 2 g
- Glucides: 37 g
- Fibers: 9 g
- Sodium: 382 mg