Oven-baked sweet potatoes
Discover sweet potatoes with this gourmet recipe that’s full of fibre.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
- 1 French shallot, chopped
- 4 c (1 l) Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 can 14 oz (398 ml) Bonduelle mixed beans
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sesame seeds
- ½ c (125 ml) feta, crumbled
- Tahini sauce:
- ¼ c (60 ml) tahini (sesame paste)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) rice or cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) tamari
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- Stake the sweet potatoes, place in a baking dish and bake for 45 minutes or in the microwave for 5 to 10 minutes depending on the oven power. The potatoes must be tender.
- In a bowl, mix together the tahini sauce ingredients. Adjust the amount of water depending on the desired consistency. Season to taste.
- In a pan, heat oil to medium-high and sauté shallots for 2 minutes.
- Add Swiss chard and cook for about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add beans and sesame seeds. Season and cook 5 minutes.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half and scoop out the flesh.
- Stuff with bean mixture and top with feta.
- Return to the oven and broil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with tahini sauce.
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Calories: 495
- Proteins: 17 g
- Lipids: 19 g
- Glucides: 68 g
- Fibers: 12 g
- Sodium: 897 mg