Stuffed peppers with couscous, dried fruit and almonds
Short of inspiration? Try our succulent stuffed peppers, an easy recipe to stock up on veggies during the week!
- 1/3 c (80 ml) golden dried raisins
- 2/3 c (160 ml) whole wheat couscous
- 4 large peppers of your choice
- 1 can 14 oz (398 ml) Bonduelle black kidney beans
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 c (80 ml) whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 c (80 ml) freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 to 5 oz (4 to 5 oz) unripened goat cheese
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ras el hanout
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF (220 ºC).
- In a saucepan, bring to a boil 1 c (250 ml) of salted water with raisins and dried apricots.
- Remove from heat. Add the couscous, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds. Place in a baking dish.
- In saucepan, stir the couscous with a fork. Add beans, green onions, almonds, parsley and season.
- Stuff peppers halfway, add half of the goat cheese and half of the ras el hanout. Complete stuffing with couscous and finish with remaining cheese and spices.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until the peppers are tender. Remove tinfoil and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Calories: 585
- Proteins: 25 g
- Lipids: 24 g
- Glucides: 70 g
- Fibers: 11 g
- Sodium: 127 mg