Root vegetables and roasted beans with ginger and miso
White turnip, rutabaga, parsnip... Discover these forgotten veggies with a touch of ginger to enhance them.
- 6 carrots, sliced 1/4" (1/2 cm) thick
- 4 parsnips, cut into sticks
- 2 c (500 ml) turnip, cut into sticks
- 1 c (250 ml) white turnip, quartered
- 1 c (250 ml) radishes, halved
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ginger, freshly chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
- 2 cans 12 oz (341 ml) Bonduelle mixed beans
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 to 5 ml) red chili pepper flakes - optional
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) miso
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chives, freshly chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
- On a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, mix together the vegetables, ginger and canola oil.
- Bake 30 minutes or until the vegetables are roasted and tender.
- On another baking sheet lined with parchment paper, mix together the beans with garlic, sesame oil, miso and red chili pepper flakes.
- Bake for 15 minutes to reheat the beans and allow the flavours to blend together.
- Transfer the beans to the roasted veggies and add chives.
- Serve in the centre of the table.
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Calories: 371
- Proteins: 13 g
- Lipids: 9 g
- Glucides: 63 g
- Fibers: 19 g
- Sodium: 270 mg