Vegetarian Burritos with legumes, sweet potatoes and quinoa
80 ml (1/3 cup) mayonnaise
15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
To taste, cayenne pepper
1/4 cup (60 ml) red quinoa
250 ml (1 cup) sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
Salt and pepper
10 ml (2 tsp) olive oil
½ bag of Arctic Gardens Fajita Mix
1 can of Bonduelle legume mix
30 ml (2 tbsp) pesto
15 ml (1 tbsp) hemp seeds (optional)
4 large tortillas at least 25 cm (10 in) in diameter
½ avocado, cut into strips
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise with the lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
- In a small saucepan, bring salted water to boil, cook the quinoa for 12 to 15 minutes according to the desired tenderness and drain.
- In a saucepan, place the diced sweet potatoes. Cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and mash them. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté vegetables 2-3 minutes. Add the legumes, pesto, cooked quinoa and hemp seeds. Keep warm over low heat.
- On the work surface, place the tortillas and garnish with the ingredients in the center and in the shape of a cylinder. Share the sweet potato mash, the legume mixture, the avocado strips and the spicy mayonnaise.
- Fold the 2 ends of the tortillas over the filling and roll from bottom to top to coat the preparation with the tortillas.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the burritos to make them slightly crunchy and enjoy.
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Calories: 508
- Proteins: 12 g
- Lipids: 25 g
- Glucides: 56 g
- Sodium: 456 mg