Veggie beet burger
Indulge yourself guilt-free with this beet and bean burger. You’ll turn red with pleasure.
- 2 cans 14 oz (398 ml) Bonduelle mixed beans
- 1 c (250 ml) cooked beets
- ½ c (125 ml) seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml) olive oil
- 2 avocados
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) freshly chopped dill
- 1/3 c (80 ml) lime juice
- 6 hamburger buns
- 1 ½ c (375 ml) baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F (210 °C).
- With a food processor, process the beans and beets.
- Transfer to a bowl and add breadcrumbs. Season to taste.
- Form 6 patties whatever size you want and put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Baste with oil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Turn and bake another 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado with a fork and add the dill and lime juice. Season to taste.
- Reheat the buns in the oven and top each one with mashed avocado, a burger and spinach.
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Calories: 403
- Proteins: 13 g
- Lipids: 15 g
- Glucides: 55 g
- Fibers: 10 g
- Sodium: 460 mg