Veggie Tacos with Lime Carrots
1 can 398 mL (14 oz.) Del Monte shredded carrots
2 mL (1/2 tsp.) lime zest
15 mL (1 tbsp.) lime juice
1 mL (1/4 tsp.) mild or hot smoked paprika
15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 can 398 mL (14 oz.) Bonduelle Mixed Legumes
1 can 106 mL (3.5 oz.) Bonduelle corn
2 mL (1/2 tsp.) chili powder
80 mL (1/3 cup) salsa
8 small wheat or corn tortillas of your choice
125 mL (1/2 cup) grated cheese of your choice
1 avocado, sliced
Sour cream to taste
- Open the can of carrots, place the lid on the carrots and turn the can upside down, holding it in place to remove excess liquid.
- Transfer to a bowl, add lime zest and juice, salt and smoked paprika.
- Let marinate while preparing tacos.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté garlic with legumes, corn, chili powder and salt for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the salsa and turn off the heat.
- Heat tortillas in a skillet or in the microwave.
- Top with corn/legume mixture, cheese, avocado, pickled carrots and finish with sour cream. Enjoy.