Vietnamese noodle salad with red kidney beans
In a jar on-the-go or at a dinner night with friends, this Vietnamese noodle salad quick to prepare promises to impress anyone who tastes it.
- 1/2 lb (225 g) rice vermicelli
- 4 c (1 litre) iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) nuoc cham sauce (Vietnamese dipping sauce)
- 2 c (500 ml) carrots, julienned
- 2 c (500 ml) cucumbers, julienned
- 1 can 14 oz (398 ml) Bonduelle red kidney beans
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Thai or regular basil, chopped
- Peanut sauce:
- 1/3 c (80 ml) peanut butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soya sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sriracha
- Prepare noodles according to package directions, either by soaking in boiling water or cooking in a pot of boiling water.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine peanut sauce ingredients by whisking to obtain a smooth, even sauce.
- Add 1/3 cup (80ml) of boiling water or until desired consistency attained.
- Drain noodles and rinse under cold water. Drain again and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add lettuce, green onions and Nuoc Cham sauce. Stir well.
- Divide into 4 bowls, add vegetables, legumes, and Thai basil. Serve with peanut sauce.
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Calories: 390
- Proteins: 14 g
- Lipids: 11 g
- Glucides: 61 g
- Fibers: 10 g
- Sodium: 431 mg