Veggie garlic parmesan meatballs
Reinvent completely the classic meatballs with our vegetarian version. They will become a new classic to repeat year after year.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 box 8 oz (227 g) mushrooms
- 2 cans 14 oz (398 ml) Bonduelle red kidney beans
- 1/2 c (125 ml) quick oats
- 1/4 c (60 ml) grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Italian herbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Tomato sauce with fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450 ºF (230 ºC).
- Using a food processor, chop the onion and garlic.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- In the food processor, finely chop mushrooms and add to the pan. Cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a food processor, process the red kidney beans. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Let stand at least 30 minutes so that the oatmeal absorbs moisture.
- Form small balls and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drizzle with oil and cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Turn the meatballs and cook 10 more minutes.
- Serve as an appetizer with hot tomato sauce or as a main with vegetables or pasta.
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Calories: 301
- Proteins: 15 g
- Lipids: 8 g
- Glucides: 43 g
- Fibers: 9 g
- Sodium: 103 mg