Pomegranate and bean salad with grilled chicken
A main-dish salad recipe with a homemade dressing. Beans, pomegranate and grilled chicken: an original touch for your meal.
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lime juice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) freshly chopped mint
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise OR 4 chicken cutlets
- 1 can 14 oz (398 ml) Bonduelle mixed beans
- 1/4 c (60 ml) red onion, chopped
- 1 Boston lettuce, leaves removed
- 1/2 c (125 ml) pomegranate arils
- In a bowl, mix together lime juice, oil and mint. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Baste chicken with 2 tbsp (30 ml) and let marinate.
- Add beans and onions to the dressing bowl. Mix well.
- Preheat the barbecue or pan to medium high.
- Cook the chicken pieces for 5 minutes each side. Let rest for 2 minutes and cut each piece into 3 strips.
- Line each plate with lettuce leaves. Add some of the bean dressing, chicken strips and a few pomegranate arils.
Note:The arils can be replaced with dried cranberries.
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Calories: 313
- Proteins: 26 g
- Lipids: 13 g
- Glucides: 23 g
- Fibers: 4 g
- Sodium: 52 mg