Sautéed legumes with caramelized onions and bacon
Impress everyone at brunch with this gourmet dish. Even more delicious served on a slice of fresh bread. Enjoy!
4 - 6
- 4 slices of bacon, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans 14 oz (398 ml) Bonduelle mixed beans
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) maple syrup
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a pan on medium heat, cook bacon for 7 to 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Add onion and cook another 7 to 10 minutes stirring a few times until onion is tender and golden.
- Add beans, maple syrup, 2 tbsp (30 ml) of water and season.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve at breakfast.
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Calories: 330
- Proteins: 16 g
- Lipids: 7 g
- Glucides: 52 g
- Fibers: 8 g
- Sodium: 96 mg