Tandoori mix appetizer
Short of ideas for late night snack food? You will not be able to resist our cari-tandoori party mix with an incomparable taste.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) canola or sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ground tandoori spices
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) sea salt
- 1 can 14 oz (398 ml) Bonduelle chick peas
- 1/2 c (125 ml) cashews
- 1 1/2 c (375 ml) multigrain ring cereal
- 2 c (500 ml) plain popcorn
- 1/3 c (80 ml) pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF (190 ºC).
- In a large bowl, mix the oil with the spices and salt.
- Dry chickpeas on paper towels.
- In bowl, add chickpeas and stir to coat well with spices.
- Remove from the bowl without oil and spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes.
- To the bowl, add cashews, cereal, popcorn and pumpkin seeds. Stir to coat them well to spices.
- Spread on the baking sheet and continue baking in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely before enjoying.
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Calories: 277
- Proteins: 10 g
- Lipids: 16 g
- Glucides: 27 g
- Fibers: 5 g
- Sodium: 150 mg