For your next snacks, why not be tempted by our famous veggie loaf? It is even better with its creamy beet sauce.
- 2 cans 14 oz (398 ml) Bonduelle black beans
- 1 c (250 ml) carrots, grated
- 1 c (250 ml) sweet potato, grated
- 1 c (250 ml) zucchini, grated
- ½ onion, grated
- 1 c (250 ml) cornmeal (for polenta)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chili powder
- ½ tsp (2 ml) garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 ml) cooked beets
- ¼ c (60 ml) store-bought chili sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- With a food processor, process the black beans. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the mixture into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serve.
- In the meantime, with the mixer, process the beets with the chili sauce and ½ c (125 ml) of water.
- Serve the loaf with the beet sauce.
Nutritional value (per serving):
- Calories: 264
- Proteins: 12 g
- Lipids: 2 g
- Glucides: 50 g
- Fibers: 10 g
- Sodium: 115 mg